Friday, February 12, 2016

Brother Marv...A Shameful Act

         Politicians would be proud of the way the AUB council is spinning and manipulating Marvin Jessop.  To be fair, it’s easy for the likes of Harry, Dave, and Paul to corner and handle Marv in his old age.  His hearing is significantly reduced and his body is crippling.  He still has a sharp mind but takes a little extra time to think through and respond to what is being said to him.  However, what isn’t weakening as he gets older is his integrity and character. 
He has spent a life time serving others.  He has made some questionable judgments I’m sure he wishes he could do over but he has tried to operate honestly and is open to criticism.   His critics have usually found a warm smile and a soft voice regardless of how sharp their differences are.  You may disagree with him, but you will be hard pressed to find many people who claim he is a dishonorable man.   His faith is unwavering and for this very reason he is still trying to cling desperately to what he believes in.  What he is finding out however, is that clinging to the AUB is becoming increasingly more difficult.  The council has put him out to pasture and the hard truth to face is, it would have been easier if Marv “would have died when he was supposed to.”  His stubborn persistence to live is a burr under the saddle of the AUB council.  They actually need him to die because he doesn’t even have to say a word to be a constant reminder of just how far off the path they have wandered.  His very existence is a warning sign that the road is out ahead and that the AUB is preparing to follow their Short Creek cousins over the cliff. 
Allow me to sharpen my satirical pencil and set the record straight once and for all about who Brother Marv really is… and then you judge for yourself.

Fact:  Marvin has been seeking power for years in the AUB.
Evidence:  It is well known that when he was passed over by Owen Allred in favor of LaMoine Jenson he immediately began preaching to the people that he (Marvin) should instead be the head of the priesthood.  All you have to do is go back and look or listen to his many statements where he overtly tried to undercut Jenson’s authority.

Fact:  Marvin Jessop has become a thorn in the side of the honorable men of the AUB council.
Evidence:   He did this by questioning some of their decisions that he felt could potentially change the culture of the group from a people who questioned and sought their own answers to a group of people who blindly followed their leaders.   Anybody can see how this is the action of a disgruntled saboteur among the ranks of the Lord’s anointed inner circle. 

Fact: Marvin Jessop has been teaching the controversial doctrine of free agency to the people.
Evidence:  There are many confirmed reports that he was actually allowing the men and even some women in Pinesdale to make up their own mind about serious doctrinal issues such as, having dogs in the home, women being allowed to pray in church meetings, and the sexual practices of married couples.  Again, this is purely the work of someone who obviously does not understand what is best for the purification of God’s people.  His actions of teaching and allowing people to choose for themselves are a blatant attempt at destabilizing the priesthood council.

Fact:  Brother Marv refused to participate in important AUB financial decisions.
Evidence:  For selfish reasons he declined to be involved in “approved by the Lord” AUB financial decisions such as the Virginia Hill investment.  There is also the problem of Marv trying to hold Lynn Thompson accountable for using tithing funds for personal gain.  It’s shameful to see a man with so much power not adhere to the doctrine that once men have been called of God their actions can no longer be questioned.

Fact:  Brother Marv has called for an unjustified inquiry into the Lord’s anointed prophet. 
Evidence: Investigators have unearthed evidence against Brother Marv where he has had the gall to ask for an internal inquiry about Lynn rubbing the “chest area” of his twelve year old daughter along with claims by other women that Lynn Thompson had either sexually molested them or coerced them into touching his private parts.  There does not need to be an investigation because it is obvious that these women are lying or creating false memories.  After all, the Lord would not call someone to the position of head of the priesthood if those things were true.  Therefore, we know those things are not true by virtue of the fact that Lynn is now the head of the priesthood.

According to the evidence Marv Jessop is undoubtedly trying to create turmoil within AUB to lead the people away from the council and prop himself up as the rightful heir to priesthood authority.  It is really sad to see that a man of Brother Marv’s once great potential has fallen so far in the last days of his life, no doubt heavily influenced from the intoxicating fumes of his apostate sons.  After all, he could have been the “dear leader” of the AUB if he would have simply played his cards right.  Instead, his discontent and constant flamboyant rhetoric have created a mutiny in the AUB that have led many down the road to apostasy.  The saddest thing of all is that Brother Marv could still change all of this useless rebellion if he would just humble himself and submit to the will of the Lord.  So if you are reading, watching, listening, or waiting on personal revelation of what you should do just don’t fall victim to Brother Marv’s act of humility that includes the shameful display of a cane assisted shuffle and a blind dog.  

3 comments:

Richard Wissenbach said...

Here is a personal letter I wrote and sent via email to Brother Marvin Jessop on May 23, 2011 at 5:14 A.M.

Br. Marvin,

I have to leave for work soon, but while it's on my mind, I wanted to write you a short note. I am not aways able to communicate verbally what I am thinking, so it is much easier for me this way.

I was touched very much by your talk yesterday. I know where you heart is and your commitment, dedication and testimony of the gospel is a personal example to me. It has been a great source of strength to me to have you testify of the things that you do, particularly in your support of Brother Lamoine and also the Prophet Joseph. I haven't had any kind of personal connection with him (Br. Jensen), other than
through his talks, so your words have helped my testimony much.

You have always been a source of strength to me in this community. I haven't always agreed with everything you come up with, (In fact there was a short time where you irritated me.) I was thankful the Lord changed you. Just kidding there Br. Marvin, I think I was the one who was able to see more clearly.

I hope you will continue as you have done. All jokes aside, I have watched you grow and become more compassionate and understanding over the years. I know your calling has it's share of heartaches and troubles and I pray for strength for you to continue in it as you would like to.
I have appreciated the example you are with your family and am thankful for the associations I have with them.

I'm quickly running out of time, but I wanted to thank you and let you know the impact a life, your life has had on me over the years. I'm thankful for the father figure example you have set to me and am proud to claim you as such.

With love,

Richard Wissenbach

Of course I think much more highly of Br. Marvin now than I did nearly five years ago. It's unbelievable what is happening!

whoisbigted said...

Well its about time this blog had something worth reading on it. Yes hosea it is I whoisbigted. Or rather it is you who is bigoted! Yes it's ok to laugh at that! I tried posting the following comment on a blog of ill repute and it got mind wiped or warped or something, so I will share here with you, and maybe just maybe you can answer the question....

One thought on “Pinesdale Bishops Have NOT Resigned”


Big Ted
February 11, 2016 at 7:59 pm
But I read on another blog that they did!
Are you calling the twice fired coach a liar?
I’m just saying if you are I’m totally down with that. He even looks like a liar, he wears a big time piece like a liar, he talks like a liar, he even drives a car like a liar! If it walks like a duck it must be a duck….. or one of Dee and Linda’s boys. And the overly flamboyant story teller is one of Marv’s boys right?

Who is John Galt and did Paul Hess know him?

Anonymous said...

What a horrible man. Although I think that Joe Jessop is 100% responsible for the splitting apart of aub after all the first four of these posts where written five years ago

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!

Those famously “dangerous” words were shouted by Patrick Henry of Virginia in March of 1775 just a few weeks before the outbreak of the A...